Vaison-La-Romaine, Roaix, Rasteau, Cairanne, Travaillan, Violes, Gigondas, Sablet, Seguret
29 - Cycling Itinerary - Around Vaison Ventoux area
Min. 100 meters
Max. 271 meters
Departure / Arrival
Vaison la Romaine / Vaison la Romaine
Vaison la Romaine
The tourist service at Vaison-la-Romaine :Along this trail you will travel through time, among Roman remnants, Medieval towns and villages perched high up in the mountains.
On taking the other athletic route, you will discover the peace and tranquillity of the region.
Accéder à l'itinéraire
To be noted
- The route is best suited to autumn and spring
- Avoid very hot periods (July and August) because there is little shade on the route.
- Dirt track between points 1 and 2
- Very steep road between Roaix and Rasteau.
Respect the regulations preserving protected natural areas – find out about restrictions to accessing the massifs during fire risk periods, from 15 June to 15 September.
Before heading out, check the website
- The course offers beautiful views of the vineyards of the Côtes du Rhône and the Dentelles de Montmirail.
- Discover the villages of Rasteau, Cairanne, Violès, Sablet, and Séguret, one of the most beautiful villages in France.
- Take the opportunity to discover the medieval upper town of Vaison la Romaine and have a bite to eat there.