Viens, Caseneuve, Gignac
MTB N° 55 - Travers de Pierroux
Min. 490 meters
Max. 681 meters
The tourist service at Viens :A short mountain bike loop with no technical difficulty, starting in the hilltop village of Viens. A sequence of tracks switching from undergrowth to fields, dotted with beautiful views of the Luberon in the south, Mont-de-Vaucluse in the north and Montagne de Lure in the east.
• Beware the livestock guardian dogs in the vicinity of a nearby farm (1.1 km).
• The footprint-covered limestone is a protected site and extremely fragile: bikes are strictly prohibited on the surface.
recommended parking (s)
- A hilly route between woods and crop fields, offering beautiful views of the Luberon, the Mont-de-Vaucluse and the Lure Mountain
- At 8.9km, an old limestone slab more than 30 million years old still shows traces of ancient mammals.
• presence of livestock guardian dogs near the farm (km 1.1).
• The "Dalle à empreintes" is a classified site and is very fragile: it is strictly forbidden to ride here.