Philippe le Bel Tower VILLENEUVE-LEZ-AVIGNON

Standing tall like a sentinel at the entrance to the town of Villeneuve-les-Avignon, the tower was built between 1292 and 1307 on orders from King Philip the Fair, who sought to impose respect from neighbouring Avignon.

The tower has three levels, each with lovely rooms with vaulted ceilings. During the 15th century, a watchtower was added. From the top, a magnificent view of the Rhône River and surrounding countryside.
Share/Bookmark

Adress/Contact

Philippe le Bel Tower
Montée de la Tour
30400  Villeneuve-lez-Avignon
See phone number(s)
T. 33(0)4 32 70 08 57
contacter par telephonecontacter par email

Coordinates

Longitude: 4.797603
Latitude: 43.958578