Distance, difficulty, parking ...
Distance: 36,00 km
Difference: 464 m
Time: 180 min
Ligne 8 : Cavaillon - Pertuis
Gare d'Avignon TGV, puis liaison par la gare TER Cavaillon Gare TGV Marseille St Charles / Gare d'Aix en Provence TGV puis liaison par les gare TER Manosque, La Brillanne et Meyrargues (Bus pour Pertuis)
Calling all lovers of varied landscapes
this route is for you! Follow the signposts which mark out the route through live oak forests, vineyards, and lavender fields. 36 km. Caution: steep hills and big drops. Not suitable for small children.
A7 - Sortie Cavaillon A51 - Sortie Pertuis, Manosque ou La Brillanne
Departure from the Tourist Office – Valréas
Turn left and left again at the following 2 roundabouts. At the end of the avenue, at the roundabout with an olive tree, go towards Vinsobres on the left. After the stop, take the D46 towards Vinsobres. The road goes
steeply uphill with hairpin bends for 4 km winding through vineyards, truffle oaks and fruit orchards. At the Sainte Croix crossroads, in the bend, turn right
towards Visan (Beautiful cross to be seen). The minor road follows the crest of the hill for 5.3 km and there are lovely views on your left of the Plateau de Vinsobres and the Baronnies hills, the Mont Ventoux and the
Dentelles de Montmirail (occasionally on the right you can catch a glimpse of Valréas in the distance through the trees).
1. After a steep downhill section crossing the D191 at les Françons, turn left towards quartier Poulidon. At the bridge, turn right towards Visan and go on
the steep, winding road uphill for 1.7 km. You will come to a crossroads (called La Carne) where you must turn right towards Visan. Have a look at the wonderful field of olive trees on the side and admire 360° panoramic views. Then enjoy the long downhill run to Visan (3.5 km).
2. In Visan, at the crossroads facing the pharmacy, turn right and then at the roundabout turn left onto the D20 towards Richerenches (7km). The "Montagne de la Lance" is visible on the horizon on your right hand side. Go through the village of Richerenches.
3. As you leave the village, take a left turn towards Montségur sur Lauzon. The road is surrounded by fields of lavender and aromatic herbs. Just before the bridge over the stream, the Aulière, turn right towards Grillon.
4. Keep going straight along the road (no turnings) up to the junction with the
5. Turn left, then in a big bend, turn left towards Grillon. In the “Place de la Bourgade”, where the church is, take the road towards Valréas and leave the village. Pass the guesthouse “Au Vieux Chêne”, and before the roundabout in the bend, continue straight on along the old road (so that you can avoid the main road which has lots of traffic). However don't forget to watch out for traffic on the old road.
6. At the “Stop” sign, go straight on to get back to Valréas. When you get to the town, follow the Cours de Gaulle which goes up to your right and goes along to le Cours Jean Jaurès where this itinerary ends.